Angel, pre-Seed and Seed
Asime means "in the hand" or "the market" in Ewe, a West African language. By extension, the expression "Asi le Asime" means hand in hand, therefore a relationship based on Trust and Bond, in a way "my Word is my Bond" and the handshake seals the relationship. Asime Ventures is a preferred Agel, pre-Seed, and Seed firm with a reputation for successful partnerships across Africa, both Anglophone, and Francophone.
- Founded in 2020, Asime Ventures is already recognized as a preferred Angel, pre-Seed and Seed firm with a reputation for successful partnerships across Africa, both Anglophone and Francophone.
- When we decide to work with a new company or new team, we go all in and become fully invested in all aspects of their business, without being obstructive. We're here to support !
- We’re looking for innovation, hard work and grit, and have a strict criteria for selecting our next startup and SME partners.
- While we only invest in a handful of companies a year, it means we can focus solely on those who we believe really have the founders, team and drive to succeed.
- We invest between $5k and $100k primarily across East and West Africa, notably Ghana, Kenya, Côte d'Ivoire, Madagascar, Togo, Nigeria, Egypt and South Africa (more rarely).